Monday, February 9, 2009

security!



A few months ago the roomie and I were talking about how awesome the insides of envelopes can be - you know, when you get something a little secret or private from somebody official, and there's a pattern on the inside of the envelope to make it difficult to see what's inside?

Yes. Anyway, I was just thinking about it today, thanks to a great cross-hatch found on the inside of some information from my insurance company, and I decided to look into these patterns. And it turns out there are a lot of people out there who share my love!

Most notably is work of wave's collection of over 75 patterns from various contributors, on their website and on flickr. The one above is probably one of my favorite commonly seen patterns.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, there are like 4 different faux bois patterns.

    ReplyDelete