Wednesday, February 25, 2009

tiny toons

Thanks to a combination of DirectTV and boredom, one night the boy and I found out (I decline to use the word "discovered" because this has probably been going on for awhile, and "discovering" implies being the first one to know in my mind) that good cartoons are back! Oh the days of Doug (the good one), Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers, Ah Real Monsters... the list goes on. They ended long ago and were replaced by bad flash and imports from Japan (some good, some bad).

[EDIT: how could I not mention FOSTER'S HOME FOR IMAGINARY FRIENDS?!?!?! Thanks Alli! This one is the exception to the rule. It's so good!]

But there are some new kids on the block! The first one is Chowder, which I like because it combines cartoons (which I love) with cooking (which I also love). The humor is perfectly juvenile yet well timed, and the characters are FRICKIN' ADORABLE.



The second is Flapjack! Flapjack is all about how awesome the ocean is, AND it was created in part by Pendleton Ward (who made adventure time) and it super hilarious and also very well put together!! Both Flapjack and Chowder, oddly enough, use stop motion from time to time, which is awesome.

2 comments:

  1. im also a pretty big fan of fosters home for imaginary friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Flapjack! I think it's one of the best cartoons to come out in quite some time

    ReplyDelete