Thursday, April 21, 2011

mad about hue


photograph by style me pretty & painting by morgan blair

My awesome buddy Tanya just pointed out that I've been collecting this color palette of white, tan, orange, marigold, red and teal a LOT. And it's true! I can't get enough of it, it's girly but not the cotton candy and pigtails kind. Looks like it's time to get crackin' at another illustration.

Abalone

painting by Arian Behzadi



The other thing I'm excited about right now is Melancholia, Lars Von Trier's next movie. It's a companion piece to Antichrist AND it stars my girl crush, Charlotte Gainsbourg! It looks gorgeous and sad and a little terrifying (I'm super afraid of outer space for some reason). Antichrist, if you haven't seen it, is not exactly a movie for the faint of heart, but I've come to really like it. My movie lovin' boyfriend showed me some making-of documentaries and articles that gave a lot of insight into what the movie was all about. It's also pretty gorgeous.

Anything catching your eye a lot recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment