Thursday, January 26, 2012

pot luck




Empty Vessel
empty vessel by william edmonds 


 I can't really remember what put the spark in me, but I'm super interested in taking a pottery or ceramics class right now. I started pinning ceramics onto my goods board about 10 months ago and with every new pin I realize more and more that I want to make these things, rather than buy them. It's been a long time since I worked with clay, so once I have time I'll find myself a nice ceramics class and get back in the swing of things. 

In the meantime I'll just look at all the pretty things other people are making... I'm really drawn to rustic items that still keep a little bit of whimsy to them.

 

berry bowl by clam lab 

   
two bird plates by Makoto Kagoshima

 
sawdust fired cup by City by the Sea

 
CLOTH PAPER CLAY bowl by Pigeon Toe Ceramics 

 
Have you seen that awesome illustrator and fellow MCAD grad Tuesday Bassen is making painted clay magnets? They adorable to the max!


No comments:

Post a Comment