Monday, June 25, 2012

work it


PHEW. Did I mention that two weekends ago I attended Illustration Boot Camp with Meg Hunt at the Light Grey Art Lab? Man oh man, guys. If that wasn't the kick in the pants I needed, I don't know what is! From 9-6, both days, we listened and talked and drew and watched. Meg is such an amazing person, kind, friendly, and super supportive. I already knew the folks at Light Grey were nice, but hosting this workshop was no small task!

I'm so thankful for my time with everyone at the workshop this weekend. PLUS I met some super cool people, and hopefully we'll keep in touch. It seriously felt like summer camp, but the super condensed version with a "real talk" twist to it.

we doodled a little bit on predetermined grey blobs. I see animals in everything, apparently. 

LOOK HOW HARD I'M WORKING. Also thank god I shaved my legs that morning. photo by light grey art lab


On Sunday we worked on a small zine (pictured at the very top of the post) with the theme of "summer". I managed to plan something much too complicated to finish on time, and had to simplify it to this. Not what I was really hoping for, but it'll do!!  

3 comments:

  1. i saw light gray's photos on flickr & was like WOO LOOK AT EMMA'S SHINY SMOOTH LEGS.

    sounds like it was a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a really fun and productive weekend! how great is it that you are doing something you absolutely love...with smooth legs, nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say....SHINY SHINY. Teach me how to wear my hair down and not sweat profusely, please.

    ReplyDelete