Tuesday, April 1, 2014

unlisted #7

Another set of items occupying my mind grapes - from the edible to the legible! Previous versions: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

phone cases by julie kostreva | Ever since I got my shiny new 5c back in January I have been desperately hunting for a nice looking case. I don't know what possessed me when I decided to go with the hot pink over white for the actual phone - I mean, yes, it is a gorgeous color, but it looks CRAZYGONUTS underneath most conventional cases. Also nobody makes attractive 5C cases and sells them in store, because of reasons? Anyway, I finally admitted defeat and have been doing some online case shopping - and this simple one by Julie Kostreva might work perfectly with my neon iBaby! Julie also makes a faux marble case, which would look baller over a white phone.

true detective production design | Now that I've had plenty of time to mull over and mourn the end of True Detective I'm starting to think about the AMAZING production design. The devil's nests were my absolute favorite, and while I can't find an interview with Joshua Walsh (the artist that created them), this article in Vice  about the entire look of the show satisfied my needs.

firewatch | VIDEO GAME TALK ALERT. Oooh boy am I excited about Firewatch - it's got exploring elements like Skyrim and Minecraft, a weird narrative driven objective like Dear Esther, and artwork by Olly Moss!?!?!!? AHHH PLEASE BE EVERYTHING I WANT YOU TO BE.

gotta catch 'em all | SECOND AND FINAL VIDEO GAME TALK ALERT. I'm sure you've seen it, but today is April Fool's. My official favorite so far is the pokemons on mobile Google Maps, followed closely by LinkedIn's CMYK.

birch aquarium | Last weekend we took a day trip to San Diego to visit my brother - the Birch Aquarium was fully the highlight of the visit! They had a TON of creatures (jellies!!!) and a little tide pool petting zoo. So, you know, I touched an anemone.

blueberry lemon loaf | Latest baking conquest! We all know that all dessert can be eaten as breakfast, but this one really takes the cake. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA Trithart out *drops microphone and walks off the stage*

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the True Detective link! I am still very much in mourning. There's a huge hole where all of the speculating and theorizing used to be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, totally laughing out loud at the Bfast Cake Joke, dude. ALSO, HAVE NOT WATCHED TRUE DETECTIVE.

    ReplyDelete